Falling Walls Engage Finale 2021
The Call for Applications has closed 30 June 2021.
Thank you to all applications and nominations for Falling Walls Engage 2021, we received a stunning 189 applications from 80 countries with participatory and interactive formats of all kinds – from co-productive research over public panels towards arts-driven or entertaining approaches.
Make sure to save the date for the Falling Walls Conference 2021 on 7-9 November. This year, we plan to return to Berlin for a physical event – a great opportunity for applicants to gain international visibility and connect with other inspiring Science Engagers around the world. 50 Finalists, 20 Winners and one Breakthrough of the Year will be selected and get the chance to present their Science Engagement project in Berlin in front of an international audience, depending on Covid-19 regulations – digital participation will of course be possible as well.
To stay up to date and get all the latest news and updates about Falling Walls Engage you can subscribe to our newsletter. Please send us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important information and next steps
Meet our Falling Walls Engage Finalists 2021 and find out more about the competition’s process.
BENEFITS FOR THE 50 FINALISTS
- Unique networking-opportunities with Science Engagers and peers around the world.
- Increased reach and visibility for you and your initiative on a global level.
- Participation in multiple professional workshops with other Finalists.
- Access to the global Falling Walls Engage Community, to join regular physical and virtual events such as the Falling Walls Engage Hubs.
- Access to the digital and global community platform Falling Walls Connect, to connect and collaborate with Community members.
- And much more.
EXTRA BENEFITS FOR THE 20 WINNERS
- Win a trip to Berlin and showcase your project to an international audience and a distinguished jury on stage on 7 November.
- Have the chance to become the Breakthrough of the Year 2021 in the category Science Engagement.
- Become a Falling Walls Engage Science Engagement Ambassador, an exclusive part of the Falling Walls Engage Community, with exclusive learning and development opportunities.
- Participate in in-depth co-learning and peer exchange with Falling Walls community members, partners and global leaders.
- A video of your initiative published on our growing Falling Walls media library. See what past participants and guests have said about the event.
EXTRA BENEFITS FOR THE BREAKTHROUGH OF THE YEAR
- Present your project on stage in front of a physical and virtual audience of global leaders, award-winning professionals and industry-experts on 9 November at the Falling Walls Conference.
- Become a jury member in the category Science Engagement at Falling Walls 2022.
- 189 Applications will be thoroughly screened and clustered to receive an answer by August 2021 if they are selected as one of the 50 Finalists to be featured on the Falling Walls website and other channels.
- 20 Winners, selected by an Advisory Board, will receive an answer shortly afterwards and will be asked to produce a max. 5-minute video about their Science Engagement project. Winners will be invited accordingly to pitch their project on stage on November 7,2021 in front of an international Jury – digital participation will of course be possible as well.
- The Breakthrough of the Year in the category Science Engagement will be announced November 7, 2021, and furthermore present their project on stage of the Falling Walls Conference on November 9, 2021 infront of an international audience.
We are proudly supported by our founding partner the Robert Bosch Stiftung.
Further Activities to have a look at