BECOME THE SCIENCE Startup BREAKTHROUGH OF THE YEAR 2020
Falling Walls Venture 2020 will be hosted as a digital event by the Falling Walls Foundation in cooperation with Boehringer Ingelheim. It forms part of the Falling Walls 2020 Remote: a digital format that replaces our physical event in Berlin this year due to Covid-19 restrictions.
As much as the Covid-19 crisis restricts personal gatherings in 2020, it opens up new opportunities for Falling Walls to overcome the limitations of a traditional conference through innovative, open and engaging digital formats. In 2020 we want to showcase, discuss, value and celebrate a wide variety of breakthroughs involving a wider audience during a longer period of time. All strands will converge on 9 November in a top-class award ceremony and expert panel discussions.
As in previous years, scientific and academic institutions can nominate science-driven ventures.
Who can BE NOMINATED?
- Science-based start-ups from all disciplines (biotech, data & AI, cleantech, new materials, engineering, healthcare, food & agriculture, …)
- Each start-up must be endorsed by a nominating institution. This can be a university or a research insitution.
- The company must be founded (incorporated) between 1 January 2015 and the application date at the latest.
- Start-ups should at least have a proof of concept/prototype and should already have received some funding.
How does the NOMINATION AND APPLICATION process work?
1. Secure an endorsement by a university or research institution (i.e. VP Innovation, Director Technology Transfer, Head of university accelerator or a professor).
2. Submit your application here online by 30 June 2020 at the latest (incl. contact details of the representative of the nominating institution).
Before your start:
- Have your pitch desk ready (PDF)
- Prepare a 1-minute video showing you (the presenter) giving your elevator pitch (self-shot clip with smartphone camera is fine). File formats: .avi or .mp4
- Fill in the application questionnaire (preview here)
3. After the deadline has passed, our selection committee will screen all nominations
4. The 25 most promising start-ups will be invited to attend the event.
5. November 7 to November 10: Travel to Berlin, join the pitch event on 8 November and enjoy the Falling Walls programme as well as the Berlin Science Week.
Feel free to get in touch at email@example.com for any questions.