BECOME THE SCIENCE Engagement Breakthrough OF THE YEAR 2021
HOW DO YOU ENGAGE THE PUBLIC WITH SCIENCE?
Do you run a Science Engagement initiative that actively engages the public with science? Would you like to raise international visibility for your project and be part of a global Science Engagement community? Apply now to get the chance to showcase your work at Falling Walls Engage 2021 in front of an international audience and distinguished expert jury – an event bringing together the brightest minds from science, economy, politics, and the media.
Win a trip to Berlin in November with the chance to present your project at the Falling Walls Conference and become the Breakthrough of the Year in Science Engagement.
To get to know more about Falling Walls Engage, check out our About Page.
WHAT INITIATIVES ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Participatory and interactive formats of all kinds: from co-productive research over public panels towards arts-driven or entertaining approaches.
- Projects of all sizes: from grassroots to institutionalised projects – common ground is the impact of your initiative.
- Exemplary initiatives from all over the world with a transferable and/or scalable approach that generates mutual learning and benefits for both sides, science and the public.
- Initiatives with measurable outcomes and long-term impact on their target group.
For some inspiration, check out our finalists from previous years!
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the application form by clicking on ‘Apply Here‘ with the help of our Application Process Guide.
- Get a confirmation email with further information regarding the competition process.
- Receive an answer by August 2021 if you are one of the 50 Finalists that will be presented on the Falling Walls website and other channels.
- Receive an answer shortly afterwards if you are one of the 20 Winners who will be asked to produce a max. 3-minute video about your project.
- Be invited to present your project on the stage of Falling Walls Engage in November in front of an international audience.
Deadline for Applications: 15 June 2021
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
Benefits for all 50 Finalists
- Unique networking-opportunities with Science Engagers and peers around the world.
- Increased reach and visibility for you and your initiative on a global level.
- Participation in multiple professional workshops with other Finalists.
- Access to the global Falling Walls Engage Community, to join regular physical and virtual events such as the Falling Walls Engage Hubs.
- Access to the digital and global community platform Falling Walls Connect, to connect and collaborate with Community members.
- And much more.
Extra benefits for the 20 Winners
- Win a trip to Berlin and showcase your project to an international audience and a distinguished jury on stage on 7 November.
- Have the chance to become the Breakthrough of the Year 2021 in the category Science Engagement.
- Become a Falling Walls Engage Science Engagement Ambassador, an exclusive part of the Falling Walls Engage Community, with exclusive learning and development opportunities
- In depth co-learning and peer exchange with Falling Walls community members, partners and global leaders.
- A video of your initiative published on our growing Falling Walls media library.
Extra benefits for the Breakthrough of the Year
- Have your project presented in front of a physical and virtual audience of global leaders, award-winning professionals and industry-experts on 9 November at the Falling Walls Conference.
- Become a jury member in the category Science Engagement at Falling Walls 2022.
DO YOU KNOW A SCIENCE ENGAGEMENT PROJECT THAT WOULD BE PERFECT? NOMINATE NOW.
We would like to showcase the most exciting Science Engagement initiatives from across the world and reflect the diversity in the field. For this aim, we invite you to nominate an inspiring project run by an individual or organisation you know, and to spread the word about the possibility to nominate someone else for this year’s Falling Walls Engage competition.
- Fill out the nomination form by clicking on ‘Nominate Here’ below.
- After your nomination, the nominee will be contacted via email and asked to apply. You will also receive a short confirmation email.
Deadline for Nominations: 15 June 2021
CONTACT & QUESTIONS
For further information about Falling Walls Engage 2021, please consult our FAQ here.
If you have further questions, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proudly supported by our founding partner the Robert Bosch Stiftung.
Further Activities to have a look at