CALL FOR START-UP NOMINATIONS
Nominations for Falling Walls Venture 2019 are now open!
Who can apply?
- Science-based start-ups from all disciplines (biotech, data & AI, cleantech, new materials, engineering, healthcare, food & agriculture,..)
- Each start-up must be endorsed by a nominating institution. This can be a university or a research institution.
- The company must be founded (incorporated) between 1 January 2014 and the application date at the latest)
- Start-ups should at least have a proof of concept/protoype and should already have received some funding
How does the application process work?
- Secure an endorsement by a university or research institute (i.e. VP Innovation, Director Technology Transfer, Head of university accelerator or a professor).
- Submit your application here online by 30 June 2019 at the latest (incl. contact details of the representative of the nominating institution).
Before your start:
- Have your pitch deck ready (PDF)
- Prepare a 1-minute video showing you (the presenter) giving your elevator pitch (self-shot clip with smartphone camera is fine). File formats: .avi or .mp4
- Fill in the online application questionnaire (preview here).
Please note: You must fill in and submit the form in one session (your answers won't be saved if you close the browser tab). But you can click back and forth in the form to edit your answers.
- After the deadline has passed, our selection committee will screen all nominations.
- The 25 most promising start-ups will be invited to attend the event.
- November 7 to November 10: Travel to Berlin, join the pitch event on 8 November and enjoy the Falling Walls programme as well as the Berlin Science Week!
Nomination deadline: 30 JUNE 2019
If you would like to attend Falling Walls as a guest, please purchase your ticket here.