“1001 Inventions and the World of Ibn Al-Haytham” Social Media Contest
Enjoy a wonderous journey of discovery with the 11th-century pioneer Ibn al-Haytham for a chance to win a copy of the children’s book following his fascinating story.
Join the 1001 Inventions social media contest and travel back to fascinating ancient times with Ibn al-Haytham, the 11th-century pioneer from Arabia, who made remarkable contributions to the understanding of light, optics and vision.
Through a fun-filled journey of learning contestants will be introduced to the extraordinary story of a lesser-known pioneer of science while understanding the secrets of optical illusions, exploring how 3D glasses work and creating their very own camera obscura.
How to enter:
1. Watch this short film here.,
2. Run a fun activity from the Educational Guide here.
3. Take a photo of yourself, your family or students watching the film and/or running one of the exciting activities
4. Share it with @1001inventions and @BerlinSciWeek on Twitter using #IbnAlHaytham
5. 10 winners will be randomly selected to receive a free copy of the “Ibn Al-Haytham: The Man Who Discovered How We See” book published by 1001 Inventions in partnership with National Geographic Kids and Peter Delius Verlag (for the German edition).
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST FOR KIDS.
Eligibility: The contest is open to families and educators worldwide. This Contest is not open for children under 16. You must be the legal guardian or teacher/caregiver with parental consent to post photos of a child. Photos taken from behind, but showing the activity, will be accepted.
Duration: The contest begins on 1 November and ends on 10 November 2020.
Selection: At the end of the contest period, 10 winners will be selected randomly and notified before November 16, 2020.
Find more information here.