Thank you for your applications!
Thank you to all the applications and nominations for the Falling Walls Engage Pitches 2023, we received a stunning 207 applications from 70 countries with participatory and interactive formats of all kinds – from co-productive research over public panels towards arts-driven or entertaining approaches.
To stay up to date and get all the latest news and updates about Falling Walls Engage you can subscribe to our newsletter.
Information about the competition
Find out more about the competition’s process and the next steps below.
- 207 Applications will be thoroughly screened by a selection committee to receive an answer in July 2023 if they are selected as one of the 50 Finalists to be featured on the Falling Walls website and other channels.
- Digital Welcome Session with 50 Finalists, Falling Walls Engage and guests on 12 July 2023
- 20 Winners, selected by an Advisory Board, will receive an answer in August 2023 if they were selected as one of the 20 Winners, who will be invited accordingly to pitch their project on stage on 7 November 2023 in front of an international audience.
- Digital Welcome Session with 20 Winners, Falling Walls Engage and guests on 13 September 2023.
- To prepare for the pitches, all Winners will receive a dedicated pitch training by Pascal Heymann (Berlin Speaking) before the summit
- The Science Breakthrough of the Year, Science Engagement will be selected by an international jury and announced on 7 November 2023, and present their project on the Breakthrough stage on 9 November 2023 together with other Science Breakthroughs of the Year.
- Unique networking-opportunities with like-minded Science Engagement practitioners & professionals and peers around the world.
- Increased reach and visibility for you and your initiative on a global level.
- Access to a digital and global community networkplatform, to connect and collaborate with community members.
- Inclusion of your Science Engagement project on the World Engagement Map.
- And much more.
- Get a travel scholarship for Berlin from 5.-10. November 2023 and a ticket for the Falling Walls Science Summit 2023.
- Showcase your project to an international audience and a distinguished jury on stage on 7 November.
- Have the chance to become the Science Breakthrough of the Year 2023, Science Engagement.
- Have in depth co-learning and peer exchange with Falling Walls Community members, partners and global leaders.
- Your live pitch published in our growing Falling Walls media library.
- Pitch your project in front of a physical and virtual audience of global leaders, award-winning professionals, media, and industry-experts on 9 November on the grand stage of the Falling Walls Science Summit.