MOVING THE FIELD OF SCIENCE ENGAGEMENT FORWARD
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR IMPACT AND FIND USEFUL RESOURCES FOR PRACTITIONERS
From collective action against the COVID-19 pandemic to global warming, Science Engagement holds the key to fighting current health, environmental, social and political challenges with fact-based public discourse and evidence-based policymaking.
Since November 2018, the mission of Falling Walls Engage has been to promote Science Engagement initiatives around the world to foster long-lasting exchange and co-production of transferrable science-based knowledge, and to contribute to bridging the gap between science and society.
After three years of existence, we have just published an Evaluation Report reflecting on achievements, lessons learned and possible ways forward.
- In almost three years of existence, close to 1300 Science Engagement practitioners, projects and organisations were included in our global platform.
- We gave visibility to over 500 Science Engagement projects and more than 250 Science Engagement practitioners, as well as over 450 organisations.
- In total, four initiatives received the prestigious international “Falling Walls Breakthrough of the Year” award at the Falling Walls Engage Finale. A total of 382 applications from 138 countries have been submitted as part this annual pitch competition.
- 5 Falling Walls Engage Hubs were launched on 5 continents, with the aim of connecting regional Science Engagement communities with the global Falling Walls Engage platform.
- We have been able to foster and empower a growing community of Science Engagement practitioners through more than 30 activities of community building and Science Engagement promotion.
- The networking promoted by the Hubs and the Falling Walls Engage Finale led to 32 collaborations established among community members, on the development of existing/new Science Engagement initiatives and exchange of ideas.
More resources will be made available on this page.
Further Activities to have a look at