Mind the Lab (MTL) is a STEM-awareness-raising campaign aiming to stimulate the general public’s interest in science using short presentations in metro stations.
- An international initiative with global impact in boosting science engagement.
- Creation of international partnerships with a potential for common funding, collection and evaluation of data among different cities.
- Partners’ package; with common platform, branding, guidelines and expertise provided by SciCo.
START OF THE PROJECT
50,000 € per city
Project results indicated that the project addresses all citizens, no matter their age, sex, ethnicity, educational and social background or interets. Overall, 1 out of 10 passengers engaged with the project for 4-5 minutes average time. 10.500 people interacted with 172 scientists-participants in Athens, Berlin, Madrid and Edinburgh metro/train stations.
The project reaches audiences which are not being reached by conventional activities such as science festivals, researchers’ night, etc.
- Berlin Science Week
- Die Leibniz-Gemeinschaft
- University of Edinburgh
- Universidad Autοnoma de Madrid
- Athena Research Center Greece
- NCSR Demokritis Greece
- The British Council Greece
- Municipality of Athens
- People, regardless of their background, are getting involved with STEM related topics! All they need are the right triggers in the right places.
- Science dissemination events in the form of “teasers” can play a significant role in re-directing people’s interest into STEM related subjects.
- Partners and exhibitors significantly benefited from their participation in the event. Participation helped them get in touch with society, as well as connect to their colleagues. Plenty of opportunities were created for participating institutions to promote their goals and products in an exciting and innovative way.