Jet Propulsion Theatre uses professional performing arts and education to promote science engagement through theatre productions, festivals, and non-formal education.
- creation and performance of original science theatre productions
- creation of augmented lectures, involving scientists and artists
- organisation of an annual science and theatre festival: Theatre of Wonder
- delivery of workshops around storytelling and playwriting for science communicators
START OF THE PROJECT
Arditodesìo Theatre Company
Approx. 160,000€ per year of which about 40,000 are for new theatre productions (usually one full production and several Augmented Lectures), 80,000 human resources and about 40,000 for Theatre of Wonder Festival and other expenses
- Performances: 5000 paying audience members a year, of which at least 2000 students.
- Science Theatre festival Teatro della Meraviglia (Theatre of Wonder – www.teatrodellameraviglia.it): 1500 paying audience of which about 35% students.
- Workshops: 300 participants a year
- All kinds of other events (art and science presentations, augmented lectures, collaborations with other Institutions on projects, etc.): All together they connect “live” with about 8000 people a year, of which at least 30% high school/university students.
- Theatres, Festivals, Universities, Schools, Museums
- Special focus on high school and university students
- Arditodesio Theatre Company
- The Physical Science Communication Laboratory of the Physics Department of the University of Trento (Italy)
- Even highly intelligent individuals, teachers and intellectuals may have serious misunderstandings about science and its methods.
- We have tapped into a deep thirst for knowledge. People want to go beyond traditional forms of learning, entertaining or “eduntainment”. Connecting Art and Science is challenging but rewarding. It is a research project in and of itself.
- Media coverage is satisfactory on our theatre productions (see point 2 above). We hope to strengthen coverage of our wider mission.