INCREASING IMPACT THROUGH Commitments to action
READY TO ADDRESS A CHALLENGE IN SCIENCE ENGAGEMENT?
Commitments to Action (CtA) are formats integrated in the Falling Walls Engage Hub launches, where Falling Walls Engage community members participating in the Hub develop projects that address Science Engagement challenges which emerged from the Hub exchange. The goals are:
- Scale up dialogue among Science Engagement practitioners, projects and institutions, on Science Engagement challenges.
- Find solutions to specific Science Engagement challenges, benefiting the whole community of Science Engagement practitioners.
The process is guided and supported by the Falling Walls Engage team through discussion, consulting and showcasing of projects. The Commitments to Action were initiated in the Falling Walls Engage Hub Kenya in March 2020, which resulted in the three projects presented below.
Fostering Action on Science Engagement Challenges
The progress and results of the three Commitments to Action projects were presented in a webinar that was part of the Berlin Science Week 2021 to discuss the following questions:
- How can we incentivize more scientists and science-related institutions to get involved in Science Engagement initiatives?
- How do we make sure that Science Engagement initiatives are also involving hard-to-reach and vulnerable populations?
- How can we contribute to a Science Engagement funding landscape that is more impactful and sustainable?