Learn from the people around you at Falling Walls
Everyone who attends Falling Walls brings valuable knowledge with them from their work and research around the world. We want to make sure that you have the opportunity to learn from each other while we are all gathered together. To facilitate these connections, we’re offering braindates once again. Since 2015, the Braindate platform has brought our participants together for one-on-one or small group conversations about shared areas of interest or expertise.
“Braindates were an invaluable deep dive into specific topics which complemented the massive scope of the conference as a whole.”
— Shrenik Jain
2017 Falling Walls Lab Winner and Founder of Sunrise Health (Formerly Beacon)
How it works:
- Log in to share your own knowledge so that others can invite you on a braindate.
- Explore the topic market and pick something you want to discuss, one-on-one or in a group.
- Offer a time to meet during Falling Walls. When it's confirmed, check in with one of our hosts at the Braindate Lounge.
Tips for creating great topics:
First, think about the life experiences, business challenges, new industry trends or anything that you’ve learned from that you are passionate about. Then imagine, if anybody could pick your brain, what could they learn? Here are some popular examples from last year to spark your thinking:
- From lab to product.
- How to start a social initiative that improves a social problem.
- How cities embrace the digital revolution.
- How to use sleep to improve memory in health and disease.
- The Power of Storytelling.
2. Topics that sound clear and appealing will spark more interest– take your time to write a good title.
3. Get creative! Add your unique story and perspective to popular conference themes like AI, sustainability, health & technology.
4. Don’t underestimate what you know– people love to learn new things, including basic definitions, hard skills, soft skills or everyday rituals.